Chilli Chicken Recipe
1kg chicken thighs, 1 & 1/2tsp chilli powder, 1/4tsp turmeric, 1tsp pepper, 1tsp salt, 1/4tsp cumin powder, 2onions, 3chillies, 2garlic cloves, 1/4tsp ginger, cup of mixed peppers, coriander, sesame seeds, 1/4tsp baking soda, 1 & 1/2tbsp cornflour, 1egg, 2tbsp ketchup, 3tbsp sweet chill sauce, 1tsp soya sauce, 1 cup water, 1tsp lemon juice.
1. Wash your chicken & marinate with the salt, pepper, cumin, turmeric & chilli powder. Set aside to marinate for 1hr.
2. After 1hr, take your chicken out the fridge, add the egg, baking powder & cornflour.
3. Mix everything together properly.
4. In a pan, add oil enough to deep fry the chicken. Once hot, add in your chicken (I added it in two batches) do not overfill the pan.
5. Fry the chicken on high heat, mix and keep an eye on it so it does not burn. Once crispy, take it out after 7 minutes.
6. Place fried chicken on a cooling rack or paper towels to allow the excess oil to drain.
7. Cut onions in big chunks and cut your chillies (try prepare this beforehand).
8. In a separate pan, add 2tsp oil once it is hot add in your garlic & ginger. Cook for 3 minutes.
9. Add in all your sauces-ketchup,chilli,soya sauce into the pan and mix (low heat)
10. Add one cup of water & mix- once it starts to bubble & the sauce thickens add in your vegetables.
11. Add your mixed peppers & onions- give it a good mix (cook on medium heat for 4 minutes).
12. Add in your fried chicken & combine all the ingredients together by mixing.
13. Lower the heat, then add some sesame seeds on top (optional)
14. Serve with coriander & voila all done- enjoy.
#chickenrecipe #homemade #igfood #chillichicken #goodfood #foodie #foodies #chickens #lockdown #lockdowncooking #chefathome #homecook #cookingathome #foodstagram #chickendinner #chickeneasymeals #foodporn #foodphotography #dinewithme #restaurantathome #simplecooking #saucychicken #tangychicken #succulentchinesemeal