Hasselback Butternut Squash, Green Mojo & Catalonian Sauce, Toasted Almonds.
This is a simple and quick vegetarian dinner, great fun to make and impressive to serve as a side dish at a BBQ.
Ingredients (serves 4 )
2 x Large Butternut Squash
50g Fresh Sage
100ml Extra Virgin Olive Oil
100g Whole Almonds (roughly chopped)
Salt & Pepper
200ml Catalonian Sauce
200ml Green Mojo Sauce
Chive oil to drizzle and garnish
200ml Extra Virgin Olive Oil
In a small saucepan heat the olive oil to 80c, add the chives and liquidise until smooth, chilli over ice to retain maximum colour.
1. Carefully, with a sharp knife, cut the squash in half top to bottom, scoop out the seeds and using a vegetable peeler remove the outer skin.
2. Lie the squash flat surface down on a chopping board a cut 3/4 way through the flesh at 2mm intervals down the entire length of the squash.
Repeat this process on all 4 half’s.
3. Place the squashes flat surface down on a baking tray generously brush with oil and season with salt and pepper, place in a preheated oven 160c for approximately 20 minutes
4. After around 20 minutes the squash should have started to soften, remove from the oven and randomly insert sage leaves into the slashes on the squash
5. Return to the oven and cook for a further 20 /25 minutes until the squash is soft and golden brown.
6. While the squash bakes toast the chopped almond till they are golden brown, and gently warm the Catalonian sauce.
7. When the squash is cooked remove from oven and place on your serving plates sprinkle with the toasted almonds and drizzle with green mojo sauce and Catalonia sauce. Finish with a few drops of chive oil.
Enjoy, Mark 😋