DATE NIGHT DESSERT: TIRAMISU ☕🍫🥛
This went down a storm as it's my partner's favourite dessert 😊 Decided to add a twist and make 2 different cream layers,here's how I made it:
1. Dissolve 4 teaspoons of coffee in approx 50ml of boiling water. Allow to cool and add your preferred alcohol/alcohols of choice. I added tia maria and amaretto (give this a little taste: I like my tiramisu boozey with a strong coffee taste) 😍
2. Make the cream. Add 300ml of whipping/double cream in to a bowl and whip to soft peaks (approx 5 mins by hand). Separate the mix in two.
3. With one of tthecream mixtures, add approx 2 heaped tablespoons of soft cheese. Also add 50g of melted dark chocolate (do this in the microwave in small time bursts). You're now ready to start layering. *Taste the mix here, some may like it sweeter e.g. add more melted chocolate*
4. In a dessert container of your choice, add a cream layer (e.g. the whipped cream-white). Now take some lady fingers and dip them in your coffee boozey mixture (be careful-these break apart pretty quick if left in the mixture) and add on top of your cream layer. Then continue the process with the alternate cream (cream, soft cheese and dark chocolate mix-light brown in colour).
5. Optional- decorate the top with cocoa powder and dark chocolate shards 🍫🍫😍
➡️300ml whipping/double cream
➡️100g dark choc (can use milk if you prefer)
➡️ Coffee ➡️Alcohol of choice (e.g. marsala/rum/tia maria/disaronno/anything that goes with coffee)
➡️Soft cheese ➡️Optional: cocoa powder
One of the things I love about making tiramisu is that you don't have to be precise and you can make small changes each time and it'll still taste good 😊 Also as it's a cooled dessert, there's no need to worry about cooking times and you can taste along the way!
Let me know if you try it and if you do tag me so I can see how it looks! 😊😊